Menu

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Janet Jackson Signs Film Deal with Lionsgate

Janet Jackson reminds us that she did start in the entertainment industry as an actress, not a singer. We all loved her in her recent films such as “Why Did I Get Married” and “For Colored Girls”, but she was my favorite in “Poetic Justice” back in ’93. Now Janet is following in Tyler Perry’s footsteps and taking her talents behind the screen.
[MDLS] - Janet Jackson is becoming a movie producer. The singer/actress has signed a production deal with Lionsgate, the studio that released three Tyler Perry films in which she starred.
“Many people forget I started out as an actor,” Jackson told The Hollywood Reporter, referring to her TV stints on “Good Times” and “Diff’rent Strokes.”
“I have been fortunate to work in the film industry, though not as much as I would like. I have a passion for storytelling, and have been doing it through my music for some time.”
Jackson was in theaters last November with Perry’s “For Colored Girls,” which grossed about $38 million. She also appeared in Perry’s “Why Did I Get Married” and “Why Did I Get Married Too.” Her other credits include John Singleton’s 1993 romantic drama “Poetic Justice.”
Jackson said she is drawn to diverse material, and is particularly captivated by film noir.
She just released her memoirs, “True You: A Journey to Finding and Loving Yourself,” and is currently on a tour of North American arenas.

No comments:

Post a Comment