Menu

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Kool Moe Dee Recording New Album


Rap pioneer Kool Moe Dee is recording a new album after a long break of 17 years.  The rapper, who is currently on tour with Salt-N-Peppa, is also developing three new  TV shows.
After a long break from recording, rap pioneer Kool Moe Dee has announced that he is working on a new album.
The seminal battle rapper is currently on tour with Salt-N-Pepa as part of the Legends of Hip-Hop tour, along with fellow rap heroes Doug E. Fresh and Kurtis Blow, an experience Dee equated to getting his “feet wet,” as he mapped out his first studio album in 17 years.
“The old school tours are fine,” Kool Moe Dee explained. “They get my feet wet. But from way back when, I could study the audience and feel what’s missing and feel that void. I have some great ideas. I think I’ll be really really ready by this fall.”
Kool Moe Dee has discussed releasing a new LP for several years now, stating that he has “cracked what should be expected from a 40 plus MC.” The album would be his long-awaited follow-up to his 1994 dud ‘Interlude.”
“I’m getting ready to launch this whole big Kool Moe Dee extravaganza,” he said in a recent interview. “I’m in the studio working on an album right now and working feverishly on the treadmill to get the weight off myself. I’m very, very meticulous about how I present and the increments I present it in.”
In addition to releasing hits like ‘Wild Wild West’ and ‘Go See the Doctor,’ the Treacherous Three founding member had the honor of being the first rapper to perform at the Grammy Awards, but is best known for his fabled freestyle battle with Busy Bee and his feud with LL Cool J, which produced his legendary diss record “How Ya Like Me Now.”
In addition to his as-yet-untitled comeback album, Kool Moe Dee revealed that he has “about three [television] shows in the works.”
“One will be the last show we had, the Spitfire thing,” Moe Dee explained. “I have a couple more. Entertaining is one thing but the educational and informational side is really my forte. I think those kinds of forums, having real conversations are my thing. I have to make it my personal agenda to show there’s an extremely intellectual side to hip-hop.”

No comments:

Post a Comment